‘TUDE TALK TV + FAMILY FUN + ADVENTURES
I love travelling, especially to countries where they don’t speak English – it adds to the adventure!
I must admit I haven’t done a lot of intrepid travel since I’ve had my Little Peeps, but we do enjoy a good family adventure around Australia and New Zealand. I find it’s one of the best ways to teach them about different cultures, places, foods, fauna & flora and wildlife. When you’re travelling there are so many great lessons to be learnt. And most importantly, memories to be made.
I talked with Lauren Cox about her extensive travels with her two boys and husband. Prior to COVID Lauren has been to some very exotic places from Laos to Madagascar to Mongolia and has just recently moved (yet again) to Russia.
So if you think it’s not possible to explore the world and have adventures with Little Peeps – have a listen to this episode of ‘Tude Talk TV – you may just be inspired to go on an adventure!
- Exploring vs travelling [1:32]
- Immersing yourself in the cultures and learning about different people [3:00]
- Unexpected benefits such as accepting diversity and extending your family by meeting new people [6:25]
- Settling in and finding friends [9:00]
- Exploring as education as opposed to learning in a classroom [9:36]
- Tips for exploring as a family [10:52], building travel into a busy life [14:08].
- When things go wrong… [16:00]
- Navigating dietary requirements while travelling [17:45]
- The battle of the devices [21:46]
- The importance of community [24:13]
You can listen to the full episode of ‘Tude Talk TV (28mins or play on fast speed).
- Kids can do anything, all they want is to be with their family
- As long as your unit is together, go and do the travel as it suits you
- Find a middle ground – camp for a couple of nights then stay in accommodation for a night to refresh
- Don’t let dietary challenges stop you from travelling, take the basic requirements and always have then on hand.
- Just do it – local or international – it’s the best education for your kids.
Many Thanks to Lauren for sharing her experiences. You can get inspired by Lauren and her family by following her on Instagram and visiting her website – but be warned… you may just get a little nip from the travel bug!
THINGS YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Fun Stuff Blog Category – including some ideas for activities to do with Little Peeps.