FUN STUFF + ACTIVITIES + INDOORS + OUTDOORS
In the attempt to avoid Bored BUU’s and the dreaded question “Mum! What can we do?”, I put together a list of activities for the little peeps organised into Indoor and Outdoor ideas, with appropriate age indications (download the cheat sheet).
I’ve put it on our playroom wall, and any time my Little Peeps mention they are bored or are asking what they can do, I point them in the direction of that list. It works a treat and I get a few more minutes to finish that blog post or fold the washing.
There is a mix of activities from instant gratification to some needing a little preparation in advance. Others need a little explanation, so I’ve listed them here with the links. Go ahead and download the Cheat Sheet, add any of your own and stick it somewhere your little peeps can easily self serve.
Indoor activity ideas:
Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Recycled creations
- Lego / block creations: Bring out the lego and give anything a go! See who can make the biggest, bestest tower or truck!
- Go Noodling – a great kids App and website that get’s them boogying and learning in fun and engaging ways.
- Make a Grati-Tude box
- Jigsaw mania! Find your fav jigsaws, set yourself up at the table and have fun!
- Artsy Crafty creations – anything goes. Bring out the box of craft supplies and get creative!
- Write a song – words or music or both!
- Playdoh playtime!
- Make your own Jigsaw puzzle – This is a great activity with several steps to keep little peeps entertained for a while.
- Yoga time – need to chillout, stretch that body and relax? Put on a Kids Yoga session to follow along.
- Design your own BUU – got a ‘Tude you’d like to draw? Try drawing a BUU. Send us a pic – we’d love to see it!
- Dance party! Turn up the tunes and boogie ’til you burst!
- Put on a play: Get out the dress-ups and act out your favourite story or make up your own.
- BUU card games
- BUU Bingo!
- BUU charades – break out the BUU cards and see how good you are at acting out ‘Tudes.
- Build a cubby house – but remember to clean it up afterwards!
Outdoor activity ideas:
- Ninja Obstacle Course
- Handstands, Cartwheels & Rollie Pollies
- Scoot & Skate
- Chalk art
- Water sprinklers (hot days only – and ask Mum first)
- Natures Treasure Hunt
- Shoot some hoops or other ball games
- Bike ride
- Hopscotch competition
- Hide and go seek
Download the BUU’s Boredom Busters Cheat Sheet here for age appropriate indoor and outdoor activity ideas.
Check back again later as we’ll keep adding to this post. And feel free to share your ideas below.
Spam and advertising links will be removed.